PASQAL designs, develops and markets new quantum computers (QPU for Quantum Processor Unit) based on laser-cooled neutral atom technology. QPUs are machines featuring high-precision optical and laser technologies.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second quantum revolution.
You'll be involved in one of the biggest challenges ever, working with multidisciplinary teams and sharing our passion for shaping the technological landscape of the 21st century.
The Protocols team within Performance division at PASQAL, is looking for a motivated and experienced Engineer to join our team of experts at the interface between quantum algorithm design and hardware development. As a key member of our hardware R&D department, you will play a critical role in understanding the effect of experimental noise on the quality of quantum calculations, and in defining specifications for the development of new hardware features for our machines.
•Lead efforts to understand and mitigate experimental noise on quantum computation quality.
• Develop and use simulation tools to review and co-design quantum algorithm performance considering Hardware constraints.
• Collaborate closely with hardware teams to integrate new hardware features using your knowledge on Light-Matter interactions.
• Prepare detailed and insightful reports on simulations outcomes and communicate results between teams from different departments.
• Manage small-scale projects, overseeing timelines and deliverables.
Professional working experience is not required for this position, however a PhD in quantum physics, atom physics or quantum computation is expected.
You are autonomous and rigorous, you can show ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (Theory and Experimental for instance).
You demonstrate good level of written and spoken in English as well as good communication and active listening skills, in order to collaborate efficiently with your stakeholders at PASQAL.
• In-depth knowledge in quantum physics (Light-Matter interactions, quantum computing).
• Strong interest for experimental physics.
• Advanced skills in programming with Python and Julia (nice to have).
• Experienced managing small-scale projects in autonomy.
- Office and lab in Massy
- Hybride remote policy
- A dynamic and smart team
- Impactful role in a fast pace company
- Free time to train yourself and go to conferences and meetups
- Recruiter screen
- Hiring manager screen
- Onsite visit of the office and the lab
- Offer !
PASQAL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, age, religion or sexual orientation.