PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive. The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European and global levels.
We are looking for an engineer or researcher in the field of Quantum Optimization with a solid background in quantum spin models and many-body physics to reinforce our Hamiltonians team.
Within the Hamiltonians team, you will be instrumental to extend the field of applications of PASQAL Quantum Processors. This implies working on existing applications and developing new ones; your focus will be mainly in the field of quantum optimization, graph theory and related applications.
You will be in charge of the technical relationship with existing clients, lead R&D projects with prospective ones as well as internally. You will work in close collaboration with the Engineering and R&D teams and with external partners, along all phases of the projects.
You will contribute to the development of our Intellectual Property portfolio.
With a PhD in Quantum Physics or in a related field, you have the following assets:
- Experience with at least one of the following programing languages: C, C++, Fortran, Python, CUDA, Julia
- Experience with at least one of the following: Quantum Monte Carlo, Tensor Networks,
- Strong taste for Quantum Computing and graph theory, and a keen interest in deep tech and new technologies
- Good practices in algorithms development and numerical simulations
- Experience with theoretical modelling of spin models (mean-field, perturbation theory, effective models, …)
- Report / documentation writing
- English fluency
Experience in combinatorial optimization is not mandatory but highly appreciated.
What we offer
- Type of contract: permanent
- Beautiful brand new offices
- 1 to 2 days of remote work
- A dynamic, close-knit, collaborative, and diverse international team
- An impactful role in a growing scale-up
- Free time to train and attend conferences/meetups
- A 40-minute interview with our Talent Acquisition Specialist via Teams Video meeting
- A home assignment
- An onsite interview with the Hiring Manager
- Final Interview (optional)
- An offer!
PASQAL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, as inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, music preference, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.