PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units (QPUs) and associated software tools.
Our innovative technology enables us to address use cases that are currently beyond the reach of the most powerful supercomputers; these cases can concern industrial application challenges as well as fundamental science needs.
In addition to the exceptional computing power they provide, QPUs are highly energy efficient and will contribute to a significant reduction in the carbon footprint of the HPC industry.
As part of our strong growth, we are recruiting an Integration Engineer to strengthen our team responsible for the software that controls our QPUs (Quantum Processing Units). You will interface with a set of hardware devices to supervise, control, and acquire data from them and be responsible for sequencing and automating the required actions, as well as be the main entry point for quantum processors, both for external users and for PASQAL engineers, to integrate, operate, and maintain the QPUs.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the testing strategy, including hardware or simulation-based testing, automated or manual testing, and testing by subsystems.
- Deploy, configure, and conduct software testing on the machines.
- Investigate issues encountered, liaise with the system teams and developers, and provide support to internal users.
- Maintain and improve the continuous integration environment to ensure a smooth development workflow and optimal quality.
- Integrate the software with the hardware and other layers of the Pasqal software stack, such as user interfaces, cloud services, and quantum libraries.
- Implement tools to support and optimize the deployment, configuration, and upgrading of the software on the QPUs.
- Evaluate the performance of the software to identify and propose improvements.
- A master's degree or an engineering degree with a specialization in computer science
- Over 5 years of experience in software development and integration interfacing with hardware equipment
- Your professional background has provided you with experience throughout the entire software development lifecycle
- You demonstrate a genuine interest in new technologies and scientific challenges.
- You have a strong ability to work independently and can take responsibility for your projects while collaborating with the rest of the team.
The required technical skills for this position include:
- Strong experience with version control (Git) and CI tools (GitLab)
- Proeficiency in Python software development
- Familiar with Linux
- Database management (PostgreSQL) and front-end development (react.JS) knowledge
- Proficiency in English and French
What we offer
- Offices in Massy
- Type of contract : full time
- A dynamic and close-knit international team
- A key role in a growing start-up
- Free time to train and go to conferences/meetups
- An interview with our Talent Acquisition of 30'.
- An intro interview with the Hiring Manager about the position and the team
- An onsite technical interview and meeting with the team and the Hiring Manager
PASQAL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, as inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.